We're starting to compile some interesting facts about the American Flag. Feel free to drop us a note with suggestions for this page.
Read a more comprehensive set of flag etiquette rules for display of the American Flag.
- Only the President and Governors of the State can order flags on government buildings to be flown at half staff.
- When a flag is no longer serviceable or repairable, it should be destroyed in a dignified manner, such as burning.
- It is acceptable to wash or dry clean an American flag when it is soiled or otherwise dirty.
- You do not have to destroy a flag that has touched the ground. If it becomes dirty, the flag should be cleaned.
- The Flag Code does not prohibit any individual from having the flag draped across a coffin. The deceased does not have to be a veteran to have the flag draped on their coffin.
Our goal is to do our small part to inspire pride in this great country of ours. If you have suggestions or comments for us, we'd appreciate your dropping us a note by clicking here.
If you'd like to spread the word and help others find USA Flag Site, you can link to us from your web site.