Just curious if anyone could tell me the source of this information: http://www.bostonleadershipbuilders....onalanthem.pdf The link is to a PDF of ' The Code for the National Anthem of the United ...
    Maestro is offline Junior Member

Default The Code for the National Anthem of the United States of America

Just curious if anyone could tell me the source of this information:

http://www.bostonleadershipbuilders....onalanthem.pdf

The link is to a PDF of 'The Code for the National Anthem of the United States of America.' I am having trouble locating this information in a more "official" form. It says that it was created by the National Anthem committee in 1942, which I am also having trouble finding information on. Is this an 'established' code with it's own chapter, section, etc...?

I'm not questioning the legitimacy of the document, as it seems to be widely accepted from all of the links to it I have seen. But I'm just wondering how to reference it other than 'something I found on the internet.' I also never see it mentioned in all of the other national anthem protocol items I have read.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    "When do you become responsible for what you don't know? As soon as you know you don't know it."

NAVA1974 is offline Senior Member
    Columbia Maryland, native to Massachusetts.

Default Re: The Code for the National Anthem of the United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    Just curious if anyone could tell me the source of this information:

http://www.bostonleadershipbuilders....onalanthem.pdf

The link is to a PDF of 'The Code for the National Anthem of the United States of America.' I am having trouble locating this information in a more "official" form. It says that it was created by the National Anthem committee in 1942, which I am also having trouble finding information on. Is this an 'established' code with it's own chapter, section, etc...?

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Hello Maestro, and welcome to the USA Flag Forum! Interesting question as I had never heard of the national anthem Code before. However a quick google search for "NEMC" shows that this code was promulgated by the Music Educators National Conference, now the National Association of Music Education:
    MENC-The National Association for Music Education | NAMM.org

I suggest you direct your inquiry to them.

It took the United States Congress 117 years to adopt "The Star Spangled Banner" as our National Anthem. I don't think they will be adopting the "Code" for the national anthem anytime soon.

Nick
    Columbia Maryland

NAVA1974 is offline Senior Member
    Columbia Maryland, native to Massachusetts.

Quote Originally Posted by NAVA1974 View Post
    However a quick google search for "NEMC" ...
    Google search for "MENC" that is...
    Sorry for the typo.
    Nick

Oivind is offline Junior Member

I'm new here today, and am not sure what I'm doing! Here goes, check out the Band "Madison Rising" on YouTube. They have their own rendition of the National Anthem. Although it's a bit different, I really like it! Same words, obviously, just a different arrangement.

TexasZman is offline Junior Member

I've seen this video, and while I enjoy the piece from a musical perspective, I have no appreciation for it at all from a patriotic perspective.

This is one piece of music that should never be interpreted, personalized, embellished or changed in any way.