Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BrewGuyTim
There is a flag that is floating around that I cannot find any info about. It is a Betsy Ross with a Roman Numeral III inside the star field....What's up ...
    PRGringo is offline Senior Member

Default A flag I do not know of or understnad its meaning

There is a flag that is floating around that I cannot find any info about. It is a Betsy Ross with a Roman Numeral III inside the star field....What's up with that?

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Robin Hickman is offline Senior Member

Default Re: A flag I do not know of or understnad its meaning

Hi, PRGringo !

The ONLY place (so far) that I have seen the Flag that you've described (Betsy Ross Flag with a roman numeral 3 - III - in the center of the star field) is on the ruffin Flag company website.

http://www.ruffinflagcompany.net/productinfo.aspx?productid=839571

I have NOT contacted Soren Dresch, the owner of Ruffin Flags, so I don't know for sure, but I believe it was an ill-advised attempt to "approximate" the "2nd American Revolution" flag that came out last year.

In MY opinion, the "US Revolution 2" flag was designed and created for, and marketed, to the supporters of the so-called "Tea Party", and has its own website. The flag's website is set up to do one main thing: sell the "US Revolution 2" flags and related materials. I believe that the flag's design is copywrited so that no one else can "legally" copy it and/or profit from it without permission.

Like I said, I don't know for sure.

Here's a link to the US Revolution 2 flag's website (note that the site's URL is "https" and NOT "http") :

HTTPS//WWW.USREVOLUTION2.com

Hope some of this helps!

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA
    "All That Is Needed For Evil To Triumph Is For Good People To Stand By And Do Nothing"

PRGringo is offline Senior Member

Thanks, Robin. That was an immense help. I guess I missed the 2nd revolution!

I am glad to at least have some idea of the origin of this "new" flag.

I can rest easy knowing that it has no historical basis.

Hi, PRGringo !

You're welcome. But like I wrote in my post, I really don't know for sure. While it may seem to be obviously somewhat logical, the fact is, I don't know for sure "how" or "why" the "Betsy Ross III" came into being.

I am, however, pretty darn sure "how" & "why" the "US Revolution 2" flag came into being as its creator and the flag's website make all of that pretty clear!

BTW : Since tomorrow is April 15th, you can bet that there will be a LOT of "Tea Baggers" gathering at a LOT of "Tea Parties" all around the country. Some of them might even be flying their "US Revolution 2" flags !!!

( OR..... Maybe NOT !!! )

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA
    "All That Is Needed For Evil To Triumph Is For Good People To Stand By And Do Nothing"

GREETINGS !!!

Remember THIS Flag ???

I accidently ran across some information that might shed a little light on the mysterious (to me anyway) "Betsy Ross III" flag. It also sheds a little educational light on my naivete'.

Apparently, it is what is known as a (take your pick) "Nyberg Battle Flag" or a "Threeper Flag". I did not know the "name" of the flag, so when I ran across the name "Nyberg Battle Flag" (which I'd never heard of before), I "Googled" it.

"Nyberg Battle Flag" - Google Search
    { http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=&as_epq=Nyberg+Battle+Flag&as_oq =&as_eq=&num=100&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesear ch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=& as_nhi=&safe=off }

Most of the 33 entries returned (and presumably, the 36,000+ "omitted" results included) seem to point to the "Sipsey Street Irregulars" blog (or maybe the "Western Rifle Shhotters Association") as the Genisis Point of the "Nyberg Battle Flag". The right-hand column (in green) starts off with something called "The Doctrine of the Three Percent." Which pretty much tells you just about all you would want to know about who and what a "three percenter" (AKA : "Threeper") is.

As near as I can figure out, the beginnings of the "threeper" fabric goods marketing first began in the Spring or Summer of 2009 with a "threeper patch". Ah, what the heck, if you're THAT interested in it, you can go visit the Sipsey Street Irregulars blog and read for yourselves. When you get there from the link in the Google search results, you can read the "articles" that mention the flag and you can also do a blog search for the term "Nyberg Battle Flag".

Incidentally, the "Nyberg Battle Flag" was not named after the here-to-fore unheard of "Battle of Nyberg". Instead it was named after the relatively unknown (to me) Gayle Nyberg! Who? Oh, come on! You know, Gayle Nyberg of the great State of Minnesota (or is it New Mexico - one is abbreviated MN and the other is NM) of course! Why is it named after her? I haven't a clue! Maybe she designed the flag, or something like that. Maybe she's the threeper's equivalent to Betsy Ross?

I apologize for mistakenly misleading people regarding my earlier un-educated guesses about the origins and purposes of the "Betsy Ross III" flag (AKA: "Threeper Flag" or "Nyberg Battle Flag").

SORRY !!!

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA
    Last edited by Robin Hickman; 06-20-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: MN vs. NM

GREETINGS !!!

For those of you who might be interested in picking up a "Nyberg Battle Flag", you don't necessarily "have to" go to any particular commercial website to get one (but you can if you want to).

You can probably find one on eBay for less than $10.00. Just go to eBay.com and enter the following search term into eBay's search box (including the quotation marks) : "Nyberg Battle Flag".

You'll probably come up with results similar to these :

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=%22Nyberg +Battle+Flag%22&_sacat=See-All-Categories

On this particular morning (11:37 AM, Monday, July 19th, 2010) there were SIX (6) items shown for a "regular" title search. ALL six items ("Nyberg Battle Flag") were LESS than $10.00, INCLUDING Shipping costs !!!

Now... I wonder if there's anybody on eBay selling the infamous "Arizona BITE ME Flags" or the "Arizona Gadsden Flags" ???

Robin

wolf is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hickman View Post
    GREETINGS !!!

For those of you who might be interested in picking up a "Nyberg Battle Flag", you don't necessarily "have to" go to any particular commercial website to get one (but you can if you want to).

You can probably find one on eBay for less than $10.00. Just go to eBay.com and enter the following search term into eBay's search box (including the quotation marks) : "Nyberg Battle Flag".

You'll probably come up with results similar to these :

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=%22Nyberg +Battle+Flag%22&_sacat=See-All-Categories

On this particular morning (11:37 AM, Monday, July 19th, 2010) there were SIX (6) items shown for a "regular" title search. ALL six items ("Nyberg Battle Flag") were LESS than $10.00, INCLUDING Shipping costs !!!

Now... I wonder if there's anybody on eBay selling the infamous "Arizona BITE ME Flags" or the "Arizona Gadsden Flags" ???

Robin
    Robin,

This design graphic and concept was bootlegged from 'Arizona Bite Me' a couple months back by "'patriots' for profit" that couldn't give a rats behind about Arizona or it's citizens.

Graphic was designed utilizing easily reconizable colors and the rattle snake similar to the Gadsen snake and the sentiments of many Arizona citizens BITE ME as a protest towards the US government in it's handling of the immigration problem. Design was to be used as a fund raiser for the State of Arizona and support of bordersheriffs.com and Arizona Territory Militia and now contributions in defense of the lawsuit against the state.

Authorized flags and other items woth this graphic will be available at Arizona Bite Me Flag, the original designer's site. very shortly. I am in process of writing story about this design and causes which it was created for.

Thanks, Stop by and see us.

ABM

BrewGuyTim is offline Junior Member

You may know your flags, but you don't know much about history.

The flag is representative of the estimated 3% of Americans that actually fought at any one time in the first revolutionary war.

The III%er movement was started by Sipsey Street Irregulars owner Mike Vanderbogh. Those that follow the III% movement are essentially saying that they will be the III% fighting when/if the time comes again.
    Buddy III likes this.

Buddy III is offline Junior Member

The flag you are discussing is the Betsy Ross flag with III in the center. It is used by many in the III% club and is not a part of the Tea Party or any other political group. The flag is available through Gasden & Culpeper.
    What is a "Three Percenter"?

During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.