13 star flag identification?

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by CED, Aug 25, 2014.

1. CED

CED New Member

Hello, I am a new member, and this is my first post, so apologies if it is longwinded. I am looking for insight / information on a flag that I have.

I have a 13 star flag with nine stars surrounding a square of four stars. I have been unable to find any other images of a similar flag as yet. The closest I have found is the Hancock & English, however, it has blue stars on a white canton, whilst mine has the more traditional white stars on a blue canton.

The flag measures 40" high by 68" long. The stars are sewn on both sides and marry up quite well. There are no grommets.

There is a rope through the sleeve and the rope is quite cleverly braided into itself so that it does not fray, and produces a loop at both the top and bottom ends. The flag appears to have been machine stitched, however, it is straight line sewing and not zig-zig.

I have had the flag since 1976, and the family that had it before me had it for as long as could be remembered.

I have included some photos, and any assistance or information regarding the potential age or history of this flag would be appreciated. (Quality of photos is slim due to reduction of file size for forum. I can provide better photos if necessary).

Thanks, CED

2. csaanv

csaanv Member

Did you upload the photos?

3. CED

CED New Member

Hi,

Sorry, I have been unable to upload photos as yet. I will keep trying.

4. CED

CED New Member

Hi,
    I am unable to upload photos. If anyone has advice, please provide it and I will try again. (I have tried jpeg, png, and going through Photobucket, but none have worked as yet). If anyone would like photos of the flag, please contact and I will send via email.
    Thanks, CED

5. AmericaHurrah

AmericaHurrah Member

Hi. Feel free to email me images at the following address: jrbantq@ptd.net and I would be happy to take a look.

Warm Regards,

Jeff

6. CED

CED New Member

Photos:

Detail stars Z.jpg Flag centre Z.jpg Flag entire Z.jpg Detail rope bottom Z.jpg Detail rope top Z.jpg