1931 Annin Flag Catalog On eBay

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by Robin Hickman, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

GREETINGS !!!

If there are ANY Flag Catalog collectors that frequent the Forums here on the USA-Flag-Site, you might be interested in the following.

On eBay there is a 1931 Annin & Co. Flag Catalog up for auction. The auction ends March 14th, 2010 @ 18:23:59 PDT. The starting bid is $95.00; Shipping is $15.70 via U.S.P.S. "Priority Mail". There are currently 0 bids.

Find out MORE about it HERE :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190376931014

It's actually a big, thick BOOK !!! :eek:
    [​IMG]

HURRY! Only TWO DAYS left!!! Good Luck and Happy Bidding !!! :D

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  2. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

Good catch, Robin! The 1931 Annin Catalog is one of the best flagmaker catalogs of the 20th Century. :D It is 454 pages, which is way more than any of their earlier editions. The 1907 Catalog had 318 pages. The 1914 edition was 326 pages and the 1923 edition has 311 pages.

One of my favorite parts of these catalogs are the pages of Confederate flags. The same small silk printed CSA flags occasionallly show up on eBay and other auctions as authentic Civil War period flags!! :mad:

You may also wish to consider the 1927 Dettra Catalog also on eBay. You can see it at:
    1927 DETTRA FLAG BANNER CO. CATALOG NO. 22 OAKS PA. - eBay (item 280476777896 end time Mar-17-10 19:28:56 PDT)

The seller thoughtfully included pics of the Confederat flags page.

Nick

3. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Hey, Nick !!! :D

How're you doing ?

I was actually looking for something else Annin-related when I stumbled across the 1931 Catalog. When I saw it, I immediately thought of you, since you once wrote that you collect all manner of flag-related materials, ephemera, catalogs, etc.

I almost didn't start this thread because you are always so way ahead of the game on these kinds of things. I figured that you probably already knew about it when it first showed up back on March 7th. :cool:

But I figured, "What the heck! There might be others roaming the threads here at the USA-Flag-Site forums that would be interested in a not-so-little piece of Flag Manufacturing and Marketing History!".

Then I thought what might happen if two or more of our members started a bidding war on it! YIKES!!! :eek:

In the 1927 Dettra Catalog, I like the first page they show about the "Uniform Flag Outfits for the Business District". which is pretty much what I've been doing for the last 20 years with the Springfield Jaycees' "Flags for Patriotism Program"!

Looking at those old Flag catalogs kind of reminds me of what it was like when I was a kid and the Sears & Roebuck and Montgomery Wards Christmas catalogs came out!!! :D

Robin