2 Old Political Flags

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by Ronalddalec, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Ronalddalec

Ronalddalec New Member

Re: 9 Star American flag

I have 2 old political flags from the mid-late 1800's, found within a box containing old pinbacks from the same era. One is the normal 46 star at about 3-1/2" by 2-1/4" or so...the other is this 9 star you are all informing me of, it is ink stamped on back with W D Blyth. They are both on the little sticks. These are not perfect, but are def in good condition........I hate having to sell the last of my major finds, but I have no choice but to sell...where would I sell these where others can enjoy them (as they should be enjoyed)?

Also, can you suggest any sites that could give other info. Searches for both 9 star and Blyth turned up so very little.

My appreciation.

2. Ronalddalec

Ronalddalec New Member

I guess I should also mention that my flag has 7 red stripes and 6 white stripes

3. Jim Deery

Jim Deery New Member

Ronalddalec
    If you choose to sell your 9 star flag you can try E-Bay. I also buy flags if you like please e-mail me for details. I can also provide you with additional info
    Tx,
    Jim
    jdeery@bracalente.com

4. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Greetings, Ronalddalec ! :D

Welcome to the USA-Flag-Site Forums !

BEFORE you sell your Flags, you might want to find out a little more about them so you'll have a little bit better idea as to their value.

I have three suggestions that will help you out here on the USA-Flag-Site Forums.

#1 Gather ALL the information you can about your Flags: Measurements, fabrics, background info, identifying marks, etc.

#2 Take some pictures of your Flags, making sure that you include some CLOSE-UPS that will show the fabric, colors, condition, construction details, etc.

#3 Start a NEW thread in the "Flag Identification & Collecting" Forum HERE :
    http://www.usa-flag-site.org/forum/flag-identification-and-collecting/

As it is, right now you are at the end of someone else's thread in the wrong forum. It would be a LOT better if your Flags could get the attention they deserve, all by themselves in their own thread, in the "right" forum. Know what I mean ???

Good Luck and Thank You for bringing your Flag-related question to our Forums !

I look forward to reading and seeing more about your two vintage Flags !!!

Robin Hickman

5. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

Shazam! You now have your very own thread! (-;

Peter Ansoff

6. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Hi, Peter ! :D

By any chance did you notify "Ronalddalec" (e-mail, personal message, telephone, smoke signals, etc.) about this "NEW" thread? Do you know if he knows about it? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanx,

Robin