36 star flag found in Bedford, VA.

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by bottleguy, Sep 30, 2014.

1. bottleguy

bottleguy New Member

I found a 36 star United States flag in a house in Bedford, VA. I would love to show it to everyone, but I can not figure out how to insert my pictures. Can you add pictures from an IPhone? The flag measures 7' x 3'.

2. bottleguy

bottleguy New Member

Attached Files:

3. bottleguy

bottleguy New Member

flag1.jpg Sorry for the posting twice everyone! I am a bottle collector amongst other things and I am a member of several different forums. Each one has different icons for posting photo's. I am trying to learn! I am not the best with computers.

4. bottleguy

bottleguy New Member

flag2.jpg The stars that appear to have points missing are not torn off they are folded over.

5. bottleguy

bottleguy New Member

flag3.jpg Here are a few close ups!

6. bottleguy

bottleguy New Member

flag4.jpg The flag does have some tears in it and wear, but the colors are not to faded.

7. bottleguy

bottleguy New Member

Last one, this flag does have some staining but it really shows it has some age to it. I am curious to hear some thoughts on it. I really enjoy hunting for old items and learning about Americana. Mostly I collect Early American bottles from all over the country. I was finding some really great advertising paper items in this house! The owner had passed away and he was a WWII veteran. flag5.jpg Any help would be appreciate! I hope this piece is interesting enough to post here and thanks!

8. bottleguy

bottleguy New Member

I have been reading some material online, and if I am reading it correct the canton should be in the upper left hand corner when hanging vertical? Sorry if my etiquette is poor, I am certainly learning on the fly. Does anyone feel this is not a period flag? That is the major question I would like to know.