38 Star US Flag, Medallion Pattern

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by Carl B., Nov 8, 2017.

1. Carl B.

Carl B. New Member

Hello Everyone:

Looking for Collector Interest - this seemed like the right forum.

Like so many people - a US Flag has been passed down though the family. Now the question is - what to do with it? I have no wish to pass it on to my kids - to store over their lifetime - only to pass it on to be stored again and again and again.

It is a 38 Star, Medallion Pattern perhaps 9’ x 18’. I believe its wool and it has a few small tears - hand sown of course. From the information I can find on the Web - looks like 1776 and Colorado Statehood. A couple pictures below - did not have room to full open the Flag. It is shown on an 8' table.. FlagP1sm.jpg FlagP2sm.jpg

The “story” is that it belonged to a Great Great Grandfather - John W. Digger, and was flown over the State House in Pennsylvania. Other than a very old note -which finally fell apart - there is no other documentation.

Would love to see it go to someone or somewhere - where it would be appreciated.

2. Wow! Welcome to the forum, Carl! That is a massive flag! One of my favorite patterns. I even made one for my own use except 3' x 5'.

With a flag of that size and in need of preservation, I wonder if the state of Pennsylvania would have an interest. Perhaps Jeff Bridgman, a purveyor of antique flags, may help give you some ideas and options! I believe he is located in Pennsylvania.

info@jeffbridgman.com

http://jeffbridgman.com/index.htm

3. kirshmed

kirshmed New Member

Hello! I am interested in purchasing the flag. Please private message me with your asking price. Let's make a deal!

4. kirshmed

kirshmed New Member

Hello!! Is this flag still available?

5. Carl B.

Carl B. New Member

The Flag has been passed on to its new owner. Thank you everyone.