44 Star Completed - Unofficial Star Arrangement

Discussion in 'American Flag Pictures' started by CapeFearPirate, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Finished this 44 star flag today in time for Wyoming's statehood anniversary. Not the official design but my adaption of a rarer medallion arrangement. Used drum cymbals to lay out circles.

[​IMG]

2. csaanv

csaanv Member

Very, very nice my friend.
    mike

3. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

Beautiful work.

Your flag is as much an official 44 star flag as any other design. While the US Navy established star patterns for the flags they used, there were no such restrictions on anyone else sewing flags until 1912.

Nick A
    Columbia MD

4. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

I like the color co-ordinated (color-on-color) stitching! As in "red-on-red", "white-on-white", etc.

GOOD Job !!!

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA

5. Thanks Everyone! I am still learning and I am getting down to the details now. I still have a few more to go to complete my collection so more to come.

6. csaanv

csaanv Member

Did you wash your fabric before you started sewing? I never have but I am wondering if the red will run if it gets caught in the rain. Storms in my area blow in so quickly now.
    mike

7. I wash the red and the blue (separately, of course) with a cup of white vinegar in the washing machine and put the water level on Low. This helps to set the color. I have not had any bleeding of color when I do this. Some add Epsom Salt but the White Vinegar seems to do the trick with no additional additives.

8. csaanv

csaanv Member

Thanks! I will try your recipe.

9. csaanv

csaanv Member

Hi CapeFearPirate,
    I was hoping to finish this for the 4th of July but I finally got her done. Since this is my first US flag I thought I would do the first US flag even if it was unofficial.

photo-1.jpg

10. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Hi, Mike!

All I can say is... WOW !!!

I have enough trouble just FLYING Flags, and here you guys are MAKING Flags !!!

WOW !!!

Robin Hickman
    ("Your Friendly Neighborhood Flag Man")
    Eugene, Oregon, USA.

11. csaanv

csaanv Member

Thank you Robin for your kind words. I have to say that forum member CapeFearPirate has been my inspiration to start making flags and a been help by giving me tips.
    Warmest regards,
    mike

12. That is an EXCELLENT flag! I think you have gotten your technique refined and your work is excellent! I am very impressed!! Congratulations!!

13. csaanv

csaanv Member

Thanks, I know my wife is happy to get her dinning room table back.