48 49 50 Star US Flags

Discussion in 'American Flag Pictures' started by CDMCKY, Sep 23, 2012.

1. CDMCKY

CDMCKY New Member

Here are 3 of my 5' x 9.5' "Interment" flags; all "Valley Forge", cotton w/ applied stars and in "as new" condition.

I have several of each of these and I really like this style flag; earlier flags didn't have standard dimensions, as
    the "standard flag dimensions" weren't introduced until the 48 star flag, and the standard sizing of flags makes
    for much more attractive and balanced displays.

I also have a nice selection of 48, 49 & 50 star flags in a variety of other sizes, materials and construction I'll
    post in the future.

[Click on photos to enlarge]

48.jpg 49.jpg 50.jpg

2. csaanv

csaanv Member

Hi CDMCKY,
    Nice! Are you using a cell phone camera or a point n shoot camera? I noticed a slight blur in your pics. Not problem for the internet but if you were going to catalog your flags I would suggest a tripod and use the timer to reduce camera movement. :) I have the same flags and it is funny how many folks don't recognize the 49 star flag even when I hang it next to the 50 star flag. Thanks for posting, keep 'em coming.
    Best regards,
    mike

3. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

"it is funny how many folks don't recognize the 49 star flag even when I hang it next to the 50 star flag."

The quickest way I know to tell them apart is the fact that the 50-star flag has a star in each corner, whereas the 49's do not have stars at the fly end of the top and bottom rows.

Nick

4. csaanv

csaanv Member

My first 49 star flag was bought on ebay when the seller listed it as a 50 star flag!
    mike