48 Star Annin "Liberty"

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by ATLPROS, Dec 14, 2014.

1. ATLPROS

ATLPROS New Member

Hello everyone, great place you got here. I recently purchased a 56 x 32, 48 star Annin Liberty flag for my father, and after doing some research to determine the approximate age, I came across this site. I was told by the guy that sold it to me that it was late 30's early 40's. I can't find anything online about the Annin Liberty (stitched label). I've see the Defiance, etc., but not the Liberty. The flag has zig-zag stitched stars, and sewn stripes (appears to be cotton). It also has a stitch running horizontally through the stars as though the entire blue section is two pieces sewn together. Any insight about this flag would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Also, after doing this research I have really become interested in the different flags of our heritage and will be collecting some myself. It's amazing, and I can't believe I haven't been exposed to it before.

2. csaanv

csaanv Member

Hi ATLPROS.
    Would you be able to post some photos of your flag?

3. ATLPROS

ATLPROS New Member

I know it's in rough shape. It was obviously flown, which is why I think my dad will like it. Thanks!

IMG_20141214_103233.jpg

IMG_20141214_102632781.jpg

IMG_20141214_102646825.jpg

IMG_20141214_102734845_HDR.jpg

4. csaanv

csaanv Member

Hi ATLPROS,
    Your seller is probably correct. Maybe Nick or someone with a old Aninn catalog can confirm this? Thanks for posting!