48 Star flag identification

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by Jeroen, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Jeroen

Jeroen New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and English is not my native language so please read past my spelling.

I am Jeroen and am from the Netherlands. My dad is a WW2 memorabilia collector and last week he acquired a American Flag. The Flag is a 48-star and has a date stamp from 1945 on one side and the U.S. Stamp on the other. I have tried to look up information about this flag but haven't come up with much yet. The stars seem to be different than on a normal flag. All stars on both sides are embroidered with gold thread, and on the back side showing a little bit of white thread as well. Despite the flag being a bit dirty they are definitely not discolored but real gold color (I added 2 detailed photo's from front and back). Since it's embroidered I understood it could not be a "Gold Mother" flag.

We can't find any mark of the maker on the flag.

Here I added some pictures for you to see what I am talking about. I hope someone can grant me some more knowledge on this flag. Thanks in advance !

EDIT: As it seems I am not allowed to include pictures or links yet, I hope you can tell me something more without them or I could send a personal message with a link to my photobucket album

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016