48 star flag.....

Discussion in 'US Flag Display' started by yarnwoman, Jul 11, 2009.

1. yarnwoman

yarnwoman New Member

Hello,

Today I was at an estate sale and purchased a 48 star flag. The house had belonged to a service member who served in at least the korean war as a medic. I also bought pics from the Korean War. I teach 8th grade U.S. history and would like to display this flag in my classroom. However, it does have some minor holes in the star field. Is it better to frame it, put it on a pole, or store it and only take it out once in awhile.

I think the history behind the flag and my students being able to see it have many benefits. I am also the teacher in charge of the students who raise and lower our school flag. So I know I will get questions because of its holes.

They people running the estate sale said it is highly possible that this flag actually flew in the Korean War.

Thank you for reading and any advice you can give me.

2. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

The greatest value your flag has is to teach young people. Keep it in your classroom. Teach them how our country has grown from 13 colonies. Teach them respect for our nation. Teach them respect for that worn flag - it has served its country well.