8' telescoping flagpole needed

Discussion in 'Flag Poles' started by cdestuck, Sep 12, 2010.

1. cdestuck

cdestuck New Member

I'm a member of Patriot Guard and need a telescoping pole for when we form a flagline. What I need is a 8' telescoping pole that will colapse to apprx 20 inches. Ran into a guy that has one, so I know there out there, but he couldny remember the site which he ordered it from. Anyone here have info on where I can locate one? thanks

2. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

"When In Doubt, GOOGLE It Out" :D

Enter these two separate search terms (or variants) at the same time :

"Telescoping Flagpole" +8'

That should return about 8,940 entries, including a familiar looking one on the Harley-Davidson Forums (The Read Between The Rides) website.

You'll find some 8-footers for sale and some 8'8" ones too. I don't know if there are any that collapse down to 20" or so. Down to 40", yes, but 20" I don't know.,

Good Luck ! :D

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA

3. cdestuck

cdestuck New Member

Been googling like a wild man the last few days. Every which way I can think if. Have found one or two 8 footers but they were the ones that are 40" when closed. gotta be out there someplace!!

4. Robin Hickman

NOT exactly an "8-footer", but at least it's something.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sea-Sense-50071027-FLAG-POLE-W-AMERICAN-FLAG-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eb18788c1QQitemZ200546945217QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear

Sea Sense -50071027 FLAG POLE W/AMERICAN FLAG

DESCRIPTION : "Universal Flag Pole fits into stern light base! Extends from 26'' to 48''. USA Flag 12'' x 18'' with grommets."

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT]

I wonder if he ever found what he was looking for ???

Oh, well..... :cool:

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA

5. Robin Hickman

American Flags Express has a collaspible flagpole that extends from 17.5" to 78" (6.5'). see item #320032.

http://www.americanflagsexpress.com/poles/pole_04.htm

While it might NOT be 8' long when fully extended, it IS less than a foot-and-a-half (<18") when collapsed and will fit into most motorcycle saddlebags.

[​IMG]

I wonder if CDEstuck EVER came back or found what he was looking for ???

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA

6. cdestuck

cdestuck New Member

Oh yes I do check in. But I need one that is 8' in length like asked for above. I do have a 6 1/2 footer. But when we do a "flagline" with the Patriot Guard, we try to keep the heigth of the flags about 8'. As these viewings and funerals can last for several hours, I was looking for a pole tht I can rest on the ground and not have to hold it up in the air for this long time period. Thanks for the reply...still looking!!! :)

7. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

Why don't you take that 6 1/2 foot pole, which I presume is a hollow tube, and insert a 2-foot long wood dowel in the bottom to a distance of 6 inches? That will expose 1 1/2 foot of the dowel resulting in a final heigth of 8 feet for your pole.

If the bottom of your current pole is closed/sealed, saw the end off with a hacksaw and proceed as above.

Nick

8. cdestuck

cdestuck New Member

Thanks for the imput but I got a jury rigged 8 footer right now and not wanting to get into another. I know these 8' are made as I did see one on one of our missions. Too bad but the guy just couldnt remember the name of the site it came from.

9. Robin Hickman

HERE IS THE TELESCOPING FLAGPOLE CDESTUCK WAS LOOKING FOR !!!

Flagpole To Go - Telescopic Flagpoles and More!

It's manufactured by JTD Enterprises. The 8'8" "Hide-a-Pole" collapses down to about 20", or so. It is NOT designed to go over 25 MPH.

Flagpole To Go Hide A Pole

2 1/2 years late, but I FINALLY FOUND IT !!!

Robin Hickman
    (Your Friendly Neighborhood Flag Man)
    Eugene, Oregon, USA.