9ft 50 star flag

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by NickD, Jan 28, 2011.

1. NickD

NickD Member

hiya guys

this is my very large 50 star flag i believe these are often referred to as casket flags ??

Attached Files:

2. NickD

NickD Member

Attached Files:

3. wild-bill

wild-bill Member

Hi Nick. Is it 9 or 9 1/2 feet long? I think the 5x9 1/2 is the size for caskets. I wish I could find a small US flag with the 10:19 ratio, such as 2 x 3'10".

4. csaanv

csaanv Member

Wild Bill,
    Great flag but we got to get you to insert your pics. After you upload your photos close out the message attachment window and then go to back to the message window and click again on the paper clip icon again and then click on each photo file name and this will insert each pic into the message window for you.
    message window.jpg

There are a few companies that sell the G-spec flags on line. Just google G-spec flags. Beware they are a little pricey (I guess because of the extra material? Ha Ha). Almost all of G-spec flags are made by Valley Forge Flag Company who makes flags for the government. But I did find one company that makes G-spec flags with a sewn rope header at a great price. It is called Alpha Flag and Banner out of Washington state. I got a 3.5 x 6.6 for $24.95 plus s&h. So I image you can get the 3.37 x 4.5 cheaper. If you are interested I can sent you their email or you can Google Alpha Flag and Banner.

Cheers,
    Mike

5. csaanv

csaanv Member

MY BAD! Sorry Wild Bill. My post was for NickD! My apologies.

6. NickD

NickD Member

its 9 1/2 feet mate :)

7. NickD

NickD Member

@ Mike i will try to remember that thanks for the advice :cool:

8. csaanv

csaanv Member

No worries mate. Did you see the part about the G-spec flags?

9. NickD

NickD Member

i did mate but i wasn't sure whether it was aimed at me or wild-bill as he was the one to mention about a size of flag he was after ?

10. csaanv

csaanv Member

Actually it was for both of you guys. I see you go the picture insert down pat. Thanks for all the good pics!

11. NickD

NickD Member

well i was trying to add more pics but it came up with a message about them having to be approved by a mod so im not quite sure what that's all about ??

12. csaanv

csaanv Member

That happens every now and then. Not sure what cause that. Maybe the Mr. Admin could fill us in on that issue.