American flag,, and 48 stars?

Discussion in 'American Flag History' started by abcd_4_2009, Nov 13, 2009.

1. abcd_4_2009

abcd_4_2009 New Member

:confused: When I Was In School Wedsnday My Science Class Counted The Stars On The American Flag And There Was Only 48. How Come? What Year Does It Represent?

2. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Hello, abcd_4_2009 !!! :D

Welcome to the USA-Flag-site Forums !

QUOTE : ":confused: When I Was In School Wedsnday My Science Class Counted The Stars On The American Flag And There Was Only 48. How Come? What Year Does It Represent?"

Our Nation's "official" Flag had 48 Stars from July 4, 1912 to July 3, 1959.

The 49th Star, representing the State of Alaska's entry into the Union, was added on July 4, 1959 and was "official" until July 3, 1960. The 50th Star, representing the State of Hawaii's entry into The Union, was added on July 4, 1960 and is "official" to this very day.

SO..... abcd_4_2009..... We're CURIOUS about your school experiences.....

Hmmmm . . . . .

You say you were IN SCHOOL on Wednesday, November 11th ???

REALLY ???

Wednesday, November 11th was Veterans' Day.

Veterans' Day is a FEDERAL Holiday.

There is NEVER any school on Federal Holidays like Veterans' Day, Wednesday, November 11th.

You must either attend a really, really MEAN school that makes its kids go to school on a Federal Holiday, OR..... you have a VERY active imagination !!!

And Your School Must Be Really, Really Mean Make You Attend School On A Federal Holiday Like Veterans' Day AND Capitalize Every Single Word You Write !!! :eek:

Quote : "When I Was In School Wedsnday My Science Class Counted The Stars On The American Flag And There Was Only 48. How Come? What Year Does It Represent?"

Yep. Must be a really, REALLY mean school !

Oh, Well . . . . .

It IS, after all, Friday the 13th, RIGHT ??? :cool:

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA

3. abcd_4_2009

abcd_4_2009 New Member

Haha No My School Isnt Mean. Actually We Didnt Have School Yesterday Or Today :D And We Talked About Veterans Stuff All Wedsnday.

4. Robin Hickman

OH . . . . .

"I SEE", SAID THE BLIND CARPENTER AS HE PICKED UP HIS HAMMER AND SAW !!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Robin

5. abcd_4_2009

abcd_4_2009 New Member

lol :p I Have No Idea What You Ment.

6. Robin Hickman

Not to worry! Other people reading this thread will have a pretty good idea of what I meant.

SO.....

Were your ORIGINAL questions ANSWERED to your satisfaction ???

QUOTE : "When I Was In School Wedsnday My Science Class Counted The Stars On The American Flag And There Was Only 48. How Come? What Year Does It Represent?"

QUOTE : "Our Nation's "official" Flag had 48 Stars from July 4, 1912 to July 3, 1959.

The 49th Star, representing the State of Alaska's entry into the Union, was added on July 4, 1959 and was "official" until July 3, 1960. The 50th Star, representing the State of Hawaii's entry into The Union, was added on July 4, 1960 and is "official" to this very day."

Robin

7. abcd_4_2009

abcd_4_2009 New Member

Yes Thanks Very Much :D

8. Robin Hickman

YOU aRE vERY wELCOME !!! :D :D :D

rObIn :D

9. abcd_4_2009

abcd_4_2009 New Member

lol ;) α в c ∂ ε f g н ι נ к ℓ м η σ ρ q я s т υ v ω x y z ツ