American Flag Folding

Discussion in 'Other US Flag Etiquette' started by scanner312, Oct 20, 2007.

1. scanner312

scanner312 Guest

Hello, All American Flage Patriot Community.
    As I am new and just sent a message, a long message. But I guess I did it the wrong way. Because it was a long story about my father being in the Navy for 17years during World War II. But at the time I cannot really rewrite the message now. As I am very busy at home trying to redecorate my home before my husband comes home in the morning. I really am interested in learning how to fold the flag so I can put it in a display case that I purchased. To show the love and honor to my father as he served in the U.S. Navy and honored his country well. Please help me learned to fold and to find my first message that I sent. I beleive I replied to someone new that sent a message.:)

2. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

Hello, Scanner, welcome to the forum!

The traditional way to fold the flag is in the triangular "cocked hat" shape. There are many web sites that show how it's done. Here is one:

Folding The U.S. Flag - CRW Flags

I'm not sure what happened to your first message, but here's one guess. I've noticed that when you're entering a long message in this forum, it sometimes "times out." When you hit the "Review Post" or "Submit Reply" buttons, it tells you that you must log in again before proceeding. The trick (which it took me a while to figure out): DON'T log in using the little box at the upper right of the page -- if you do you'll lose your draft message. Instead, use the big box that appears at the center of the page -- if you do that you'll be sent right back to your message and can continue to work on it.

Peter Ansoff