American Flag in a meeting room

Discussion in 'US Flag Display' started by mtc8008, Mar 18, 2011.

1. mtc8008

mtc8008 New Member

How should I display the American flag in a meeting room with three other flags on staffs? In addition to the American Flag, we also have a Lions Club Flag and two club flags.

Thanks for your help!

2. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Hello, MTC8008 ! :D

Welcome to the USA-Flag-Site forums ! :D

QUOTE : "How should I display the American flag in a meeting room with three other flags on staffs? In addition to the American Flag, we also have a Lions Club Flag and two club flags."

The Flags should be in the front of the room. If all the flags are on poles that are the same height, the U.S. Flag should go to the observers furthest left (Its own right). The observers left means to the left as the people in the room would see it. The other flags, starting with the Lions' Club flag would be spaced evenly across the front of the room to the observers right (flags own left).

If the U.S. Flag is on the tallest staff then it could be situated in the middle with the other flags evenly spaced on either side.

to read the "official word" on the subject you'll need to read about it in the "Flag Code" (U.S. Code, Title 4, Chapter 1 - THE FLAG). A copy of it can be found HERE :

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagcode.htm

You can read it all, or you can scroll down to Section 7 : "Position And Manner Of Display" and start there for the particulars. I recommend reading it all if for no other reason than to familiarize yourself with it.

Since you posted your entry in two different spots, I'll put a copy of this reply in both places.

Thank you for bringing your flag-related question to our Forums !!!

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA