American Flag on a Certificate

Discussion in 'Other US Flag Etiquette' started by JorLRice, Mar 30, 2009.

1. JorLRice

JorLRice New Member

I am designing a certificate to present to dedicated volunteers in my organization. It will have 5 state flags alphabetically arranged across the bottom and on the top it will have the American Flag, our national logo and my District logo.

I believe the American Flag should take the upper left location with our national logo in middle and my logo to the right.

It looks better with the American Flag in the middle but I want to do it properly and cannot find a reference anywhere.

Thanks,

Jim

2. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

[​IMG]

See the link above by cutting and pasting the URL between the {IMG] things at either end. I did an internet images search for Dept. of Defense certificates featuring the Flag and found two useful pictures. One had a waving flag as a background image to the award (yes, it does bring into question other parts of the Flag Code, but, hey, the DOD did it so it must be ok, right?). The other certificate was by the Architect of the Capitol with his logo in the middle and two waving flags, one to each side of that logo. This was a certificate accompanying a flag that had been flown over the Capitol in Washington, DC.