Armed Forces Day 2011 !!!

Discussion in 'US Flag Display' started by Robin Hickman, May 20, 2011.

1. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

GREETINGS !!! ___:D___ :D___ :D___ :D

Saturday, May 21st, 2011, is the 3rd Saturday in the month of May and that means it's ARMED FORCES DAY here in the U.S.A. !!!

Will you be observing Armed Forces Day and, if so, HOW ???

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA

2. Robin Hickman

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm celebrating ARMED FORCES DAY by flying my Flags like it's the End-Of-The-World !!! _

The End Of The World ?!?!?! _ :eek: _ :eek:

Armageddon Outta Here !!! _ :D _ :D

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA

3. Robin Hickman

Happy ARMED FORCES DAY, Everybody !!!

To celebrate ARMED FORCES DAY, I decided to post eight (8) Flags out in front of my house for the occasion.

The eight (8) flags I've posted out in front of my house to celebrate ARMED FORCES DAY are (from left-to-right in their correct order) : U.S., State of Oregon, U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Coast Guard, and the POW*MIA Flags !!!

But FIRST..... I had to do a little "prep" work !

The night before (Friday, May 20th) I attached all eight flags to their flagpoles and hung them up (in the order they would be posted) on the garage door frame.

P1060982.JPG

This morning I posted my day-to-day American Flag, then wrestled eight 60 pound concrete blocks into place across the yard in front of my house.

P1060962.JPG
    P1060952.JPG

Because it is supposed to be low or no wind today, I spaced the blocks 48 inches apart on center.

P1060973.JPG

ALL set to go (I think...) !!!

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA

4. Robin Hickman

To celebrate ARMED FORCES DAY, I decided to post eight (8) Flags out in front of my house for the occasion. The eight (8) flags are (from left-to-right in their correct order) : U.S., State of Oregon, U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Coast Guard, and the POW*MIA Flags !!!

P1070015.JPG
    P1060987.JPG

Looking from BEHIND the Flags :

P1060990.JPG
    P1070001.JPG

Happy ARMED FORCES DAY, Everybody !!!

And a BIG "Thank You!" from me to ALL the Men & Women serving in the Armed Forces of the United States of America !!!

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA