armed services songs

Discussion in 'Other US Patriotic Songs' started by EmailPoster, Jun 6, 2006.

1. EmailPoster

EmailPoster New Member

Is it possible to get the lyrics to the four armed services songs?...

2. sarahw

sarahw Guest

Hello,

The Marine Corps song, popularly known as the "Halls of Montezuma," is posted here.

The Army song, "The Army Goes Rolling Along," can be found at the website of the U.S. Army Band.

The Navy song, "Anchors Away," has an interesting history, which can be found here, as well as the original and revised lyrics to the song.

And the Air Force song, which is officially called the "U.S. Air Force Song," can be seen here. We'll try to get all these lyrics posted on our site in the future. Thanks for asking!

Sarah

3. Blueangel

Blueangel New Member

Hello, I am Blueangel from China,haha,short for chinablueangel!I like the music very much! Who can share with me, sapphire@chinablueangel.com

4. OIF1tanker

OIF1tanker New Member

The Army Song should be easy for any Army veterans on this site.... That song becomes part of you after a couple of years. Also known as "The Caisson Song"

First to fight for the right, and to build the Nation's Might!
    And the Army goes rolling along!
    Proud of all we have done, fighting till the battle's won!
    And the Army goes rolling along!

Then it's Hi! Hi! Hey! The Army's on it's way!
    Sound off the cadence loud and strong!!!
    2------3------

For where 'ere we go, you will alway know
    That the Army goes rolling Along!!!

To this day, I still get a little worked up when I hear, and of course, join in to the singing of my Army song. Hard to believe I've been retired over a year now. Where did the time go?

5. alicehere

alicehere New Member

i have downloaded these songs in mp3 version from Freemusic-downloads.net

6. lledds

lledds New Member

Not certain how to address this to the Administrator of the Website, but the list of "Patriotic Songs" SHOULD include the US Navy song (Anchors Away), the US Army song (Caisson Song), the Air Force song (The Army Air Corps Song a.k.a. Off We Go Into the Wild Blue Yonder), the Marine Corps song (Marine Hymn) and the Coast Guard Song (Semper Paradus). Any way to have these posted? Thanks!

7. csaanv

csaanv Member

I am not sure but I think the Flag forum is seperate from USA Flag site and has a separate administrator. Maybe our administrator would know how to contact those folks for you.
    Cheers,
    mike

8. lledds

lledds New Member

Thanks Mike! Hope the Administrator reads these posts!:)

9. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

Hi, lledds and all,

Mike is corrrect that I don't have any direct control over the "front page" of the site. However, I've mentioned to the site owner a couple of times that the front page needs a major overhaul. There are a lot of dead or irrelevant links, and some of the information is incomplete, misleading or just plain wrong. I'm hoping that we can get these these things fixed in the near future.

"Patriotic Songs" SHOULD include the US Navy song (Anchors Away), the US Army song (Caisson Song), the Air Force song (The Army Air Corps Song a.k.a. Off We Go Into the Wild Blue Yonder), the Marine Corps song (Marine Hymn) and the Coast Guard Song (Semper Paradus).

Good idea, and we should post the words. Song lyrics can be tricky, because some of them are covered by copyrights and such. (There are some really weird cases there: Did you know that the lyrics of "Happy Birthday" are under copyright?). However, I don't think that that would not be a problem with the service songs.

BTW, the Navy song is Anchors' Aweigh, not "Away", and the USCG song is Semper Paratus, not "Paradus."

Peter Ansoff
    Forum Admin