Backwards forever

Discussion in 'US Flag Display' started by Erich, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erich

Erich New Member

2014 First Look: The Star-Spangled Banner | USPS Stamps
    Why is the flag backwards? The correct way to display our flag is NOT backwards, display it properly--the honorable way!!

The correct way is NOT backwards which may be representing a backwards America FOREVER? Obey your conscience, you know it looks WRONG!

It's unpatriotic and represents the opposite of America if it's backwards. OBEY your conscience and stand up for what's right instead of looking away, this is the way America is heading (backwards) and here's the stamp to show it. Display it properly, my GOD.

Look at the old Forever stamps, why aren't they backwards?
    What's going on in America?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=old...sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1280&bih=791#imgdii=_

2. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

Is the wind un-patriotic just because it blows from right to left?

3. rjo123x35

rjo123x35 Member

This is an excellent point. If anyone would like to complain or express their opinion concerning this stamp you can write the USPS Postmaster General Patrick R. Donahoe at :
    Postmaster General
    United States Postal Service
    475 L'Enfant Plaza SW
    Washington DC 20260-0010

Or: Call 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) or TTY: 1-800-877-8339.

Also you can write:
    U.S. Postal Service
    Stamp Development
    ATTN: Stamp Design
    475 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Room 3300
    Washington, DC 20260-3501

4. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

The correct way is NOT backwards which may be representing a backwards America FOREVER? Obey your conscience, you know it looks WRONG!

Oh, come on. The picture on the new stamp is a photograph of the flag flying in the wind. Flags have two sides, and both of them are equally valid symbols of the nation. The union-on-the-viewer's-left rule applies when the flag is displayed against a wall or in a window, so that only one side is visible, and that has nothing to do with the case here.

Speaking as the forum admin, I think that we have had about enough repetition of this "backward America" nonsense. I am closing this thread, and future posts like this one will be treated as spam. If anyone disagrees or has comments about this, please send me a private message or email, and we'll discuss it.

Peter Ansoff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.