Bastille Day

Discussion in 'Other Flags' started by FoxValleyMike, Jul 14, 2018.

1. FoxValleyMike

FoxValleyMike Member

Anyone have the French tri-colour or other interesting French flags, out today for Bastille Day? I woke up this morning to a storm rolling thru so I got a late start with mine but it's out now. Hopefully the rain holds out for the rest of the day.

I'll see if I can get a picture later today.

2. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

I'm displaying the French tricolor and the Paris city flag. No wind again this morning, unfortunately.

3. Union Jack

Union Jack Member

A little bit belated but I hoisted my larger than normal French drapeau. Lots of fireworks and drinking in La Belle France

4. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

Our North American Vexillological Association (NAVA, www.nava.org) is holding its 2018 annual meeting in Québec City. The sessions will be held at the University of Québec, and our point-of-contact at UQ is a lady named Madame Drapeau. We decided that this was a good omen!

5. Union Jack

Union Jack Member

I sincerely hope Madame Drapeau is a good omen but don't be fooled by vexillogy connections. During my basic training in the Royal Navy I and my unfortunate fellow recruits had a Chief Petty Officer by the name of Flagg whom was spawned by a cross between Adolf Hitler and Atilla the Hun. I am not a violent man but If I come across him I would cheerfully punch him in the throat for the misery he put us through. I'm sure Madame Drapeau will be a nice women

UJ