Beautiful Flag

Discussion in 'Other Flags' started by Union Jack, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Union Jack

Union Jack Member

Through morbid curiosity I have followed the recent and on going hurricanes of the Caribbean/Texas/Florida. Through watching CNN, BBC and France 24 news coverage I noticed a flag that was flying behind a news correspondent who was reporting from the island of Montserrat. It was the flag of Montserrat which, for some inescapable reason I can't fathom, I don't possess. I find it all the more irrational because in the aftermath of hurricane Frederick in 1979 I was deployed to the Caribbean and actually was on the island of Montserrat. The flag is a generic UJ canton with a blue field and crest. The crest is, for me, beautiful. It has a woman laid against a cross with a harp in her hand. I do know there is a rich Irish tradition in Montserrat and the locals speak with an Irish brogue but what I can't get over is that I didn't acquire the flag when I was 'in situ'.

UJ

2. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

I Sorry For Your Loss... Opportunity!

It's never too late to acquire one now... Is it?

Robin

3. Robin Hickman

4. Robin Hickman

5. Union Jack

Union Jack Member

Yeah that's the beautiful crest I saw. It's not like me to miss this flag and certainly not for so long a time. I try to buy a flag when I visit a country. The last flag I bought was 3 weeks ago when I had a week in the beautiful country of Montenegro. Nice flag. Anyhoo will just have to buy the Montserrat flag on line.

UJ