Boycott Wyndham Properties!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Flag Discussion' started by stlfan44444, Mar 11, 2017.

1. stlfan44444

stlfan44444 New Member

PISSED OFF BIGTIME!!!!! Staying at the Ramada Inn in Bangor Maine and I see a huge canadian flag on the side of the bldg. I look around for an American flag and not one to be found. I go to the front desk and demand they take down the canadian flag immediately. Unless Maine is part of canada (at last time I looked, it isn't), then Ramada Inn is a disgrace, in my opinion, to the men and women who have sacrificed and given their lives for this Country . Am I out of line with this request? HELL NO...and Ramada Inn and Wyndham properties are going to get an earful.

PLEASE SHARE THIS POST WITH EVERYONE!!!!!

2. FlagAdvocate

FlagAdvocate Member

Hello stifan44444......Please calm down. I'm sure you've heard of the First Amendment rights all Americans have and the Supreme Court rulings handed down with respect to flags. The Canadian flag on the hotel in Bangor is probably their way of making Canadians feel welcome to stay there with no other intent involved.

Bill Jameson
    Vet & Flag Advocate

3. Union Jack

Union Jack Member

Stifan did you ask the concierge why the Canadian flag was adorned on the building? That apart I can understand your sentiments. Traveling around my own birth born nation l have witnessed many cultural centres that only fly their own national flag. I always thought it wasn't right but sometimes you have to be the bigger person. Anyhow the Canadian flag is a grand flag and I don't think they are gonna invade the US soon.

4. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

I have repeatedly "Googled" these two search terms together, "Ramada Inn" +"Bangor Maine", selected the "News" option, and so far nothing has come up even vaguely resembling Stifan44444's "vent". He was last known to be on this site at about 12:20 pm on Saturday, approximately ½ hour after posting.

https://www.google.com/#q=%22Ramada+Inn%22+%22Bangor+Maine%22&tbm=nws&*

Robin

5. Robin Hickman

6. Robin Hickman

7. stlfan44444

stlfan44444 New Member

It's STLFAN44444

8. stlfan44444

stlfan44444 New Member

I know there is no "law" regarding flying another country's flag, but I didn't serve this country or watch as other's have given their lives and made sacrifices to make this country great. To me, it's disrespectful| I brought it up to the front desk. Nothing was done and no explanation was given as to why. I wrote Wyndham and they said they were investigating. It's my decision to never stay at a Wyndham property.

Jim...as a Vet, I would have thought you, of all people, would be offended by an American company who would do something like this.
    Robin...haven't gone to the press. THe liberal media would probably applaud Wyndham and Ramada Inn for dissing the United States and the American flag.

Say what you want, gentlemen, but this is exactly why the United Sates has become the laughing stock of the world. Then it comes to my Country, I will not be calm.

9. FlagAdvocate

FlagAdvocate Member

I SERVED TO DEFEND THE INALIENABLE RIGHTS OF ALL FREEDOM LOVING PEOPLE, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO DISSENT AND TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINION, EVEN THOUGH I MAY BE OFFENDED FROM TIME TO TIME BY WHAT I SEE , HEAR, OR READ. I AM RESOLUTE IN MY STANCE.
    BILL JAMESON
    VET & FLAG ADVOCATE

10. Robin Hickman

Media outlets LOVE "Flag" stories!!!

It doesn't matter where they are located left-middle-right along the editorial spectrum, median outlets LOVE "Flag" stories!!!

11. resistancefeed

resistancefeed New Member

I've always thought that people who live here should want to or leave. It's fine to be proud of where you came from, but whoever comes should be proud of the United States or go back. It's really that simple.