Bulldog Bunting Original Box

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by Peaceofbob, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Peaceofbob

Peaceofbob New Member

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I recently won a flag inside of a cardboard box in an estate auction and started to realize what it was. I will lay out the information and try to post the pictures as well.

Bulldog Bunting 3'6" x 6'8"

Came in original box from Veterans Administration Washington DC

Has a pamphlet inside about the flag of the US with instructions. Revised 1941

Inside the pamphlet is a small letter from the veterans administration supply depot manager in Hines Ill. Saying that the flag was being returned to the government. It's marked 1943

Additionally the outside of the box says veterans administration Roanoke Virginia, apparently being sent to Richmond Virginia, and it says "Replacement Barfoot, W.T."

As a history buff this is just incredible, but I'm not too knowledgeable about flags and am very interested to find out more. I assume it's a burial flag but I don't know much else. I may just keep it, but I'm also interested in the potential value.
    20171105_000043.jpg 20171105_000013.jpg 20171105_000129.jpg 20171105_002003.jpg
    Thank you so much for your time.