Can a foreign flag be displayed alone (no US flag) on a private residence

Discussion in 'Other Flags' started by ashaklv, Apr 18, 2010.

1. futuremason4301

futuremason4301 New Member

Many people have died for our right to fly any flag we choose... :D

2. texan_mirage

texan_mirage New Member

Hello Everyone,

I am currently in India and wish to fly the "US Flag" and the "Lone Star Flag" at my residence in India. Will I have to display a indian flag as well and if yes, then how should i position the three flags?
    Please advice asap.

3. futuremason4301

futuremason4301 New Member

______________________________________________****************************____________________________________________
    Oh buddy if your out of country, it's best to put the flag of that country in your case, India, the flag of your next affiliating country, the U.S. and then your state flag appearing from left to right looking at the property at which they are displayed (street view)...

Good Luck

:cool:

4. coasterville

coasterville Member

Not to mention, you would be wise to see what India has to say about flag use.

5. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

When in India..... Do as the Indians do !!!

6. Sethf357

Sethf357 New Member

I display the american flag and the foreign flags on separate flagpoles. I have 8 foreign flags and 2 flagpoles I put the the american flag on the left side and put the foreign flag on the right side I ordered my foreign flags from amazon.com I got a canadian flag dominican republic flag guatemala flag spain flag and a mexican flag a british flag portugal flag and brazilian flag. I switch out foreign flags on the right flagpole Everyday . The flagpole to the left I keep the american flag. I mostly fly the foreign flags to celebrate foreign holidays.

7. Rosie Lukaszczyk

Rosie Lukaszczyk New Member

The American Flag is to be flown HIGHER than any other flag that is flown with it. If they are at the same height than that is improper -- not illegal but improper.

8. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

Hi Rosie -- welcome to the forum!

The American Flag is to be flown HIGHER than any other flag that is flown with it. If they are at the same height than that is improper -- not illegal but improper.

Sorry, but that's not correct. Both the US flag code and international usage say that all national flags should be at the same height when flown together. In the US, the American flag is given precedence by placing it on the right (viewer's left) of the other flags.