Can someone please help me identify my flag

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by mpepper311, Oct 15, 2009.

1. mpepper311

mpepper311 New Member

I have this flag that has been in my family for over 90 years that I know of. The story that I was told was that it was given to my great uncle for being hurt on a ship. That is all that I know. The fabric seems to be machined stitched, but my great grandmother was a seemstress by trade and I was told she restitched it as it was starting to fall apart. It has been in a large glass frame for a long time. I was hoping someone could maybe give me some insight about it or a place to get it authenticated. I live in phoenix, arizona. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

2. please could you post some pictures of this flag so that we can have a look?

Instructions on how to do so are in this topic (if you press 'back' from here) should be a sticky thread at the top

3. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

If you can't post a photo, can you please describe the flag? There have been hundreds of thousands of flag designs throughout history and we really can't tell you much about yours unless we know what it looks like, its size, materials, design, sewing methods, etc., etc. Even if it is "just an American flag" there are dozens of clues that each flag has to its identity. If you tell us about the flag maybe we can help. You have a fair number of the world's flag experts on this forum that can assist.
    Nick