Can you help me identify this flag?

Discussion in 'Other Flags' started by Melodyktn, Apr 16, 2008.

  1. Melodyktn

    Melodyktn New Member

    It has Canada printed on the edge. I see the UK portion of the flag and part of the royal standard but it's different, so possibly a branch of the family?



  2. hello there and welcome to USA flag site

    well - not surprizingly enough - your flag has got CANADA written on it because that was the old Canadian flag immediaty prior to it being changed to the Maple Leaf flag that it is today

    that flag was the official Canadian flag between 1957 and 1965

    prior to that flag the flag used was very similer except for the fact the 3 maple leaves were green an not red

    nice flag u have there!
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  3. Stuff4Toys

    Stuff4Toys Member

  4. dubhda2

    dubhda2 New Member

    I would just like to add that the "Royal" part of the shield showed the old British royal arms with reference to France in the fourth quarter. This was thought up to mollify the large French contingency in Canada - but as it actually signified that the Crown still had aspirations to that part of France Britain once owned, I don't think that would have worked as intended.

Share This Page