Civil War Sesquicentennial

Discussion in 'US Flag Display' started by Robin Hickman, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Today, Tuesday, April 12th, 2011, is the day that we commemorate the Sesquicentennial of the Start of the American Civil War : April 12th, 1861.

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA

2. Robin Hickman

Commemorating the Sesquicentennial (150th Anniversary) of the Start of the American Civil War (April 12th, 1861-2011) by flying four Flags: From-Left-To-Right, The 50-Star United States Flag, the 33-Star "Fort Sumter" U.S. Flag, the 13-Star Confederate States of America "Battle" Flag, and the State of Oregon Flag.

Copy of P1060665.JPG
    Copy of P1060666.JPG
    Copy of P1060690.JPG
    Copy of P1060696.JPG

Although the "Fort Sumter" Flag is not the exact "configuration" that I wanted, it IS a high quality American Made Flag. I'd have preferred the 25-Star "diamond" with the top two and bottom two stars on each side "split" away from the single end stars. Also, I would have preferred flying a copy of the CSA's "1st National" Flag" but was unable to secure a decent one in time. ALAS!

I also posted almost 100 american flags all over Springfield,Oregon this morning. going to try to catch a quick catnap before I have to go back out and pick them all up again!

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA

3. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

4. Robin Hickman

Looking Good, Nick! Looking GOOD !!!..:D..

Robin

5. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

Thanks, Robin.

By the way, I like your hat :p

Nick A.