Commerical about the state of education in the USA

Discussion in 'Other Flags' started by coasterville, Jul 30, 2008.

1. coasterville

coasterville Member

Does anybody else cringe when they see the latest TV spot regarding the state of public education in the USA. I'm not talking about a reaction to the content of the message, but to the visual aid they use.

The commercial talks about how we are 25th (or something like that) in the world when it comes to education, and to make the point they show a really tall flagstaff and they keep hoisting flags on it, apparently in the order the nations appear in the study they are referencing. As you might deduce, that means the US flag is 25th down the hoist. Worse yet as I said all the flags are on a single staff.

I find it ironic that those who are crying about the state of education didn't spend 5 minutes to read the flag protocol guide that comes packed with most US flags purchased in this nation, and would therefore have noted the huge political blunder they have just created in their flag display regarding nations assuming control of other nations...

2. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

I think they are making the point that it is wrong for the US to be in such a position, so they emphasize it with an incorrect use of the flag. If they did their flag research not only would they discover that no national flag SHOULD be flown above the US flag, but they would also discover that the Supreme Court would uphold their improper use of the flag as covered by the US Consitution.