Displaying Fringed Flag

Discussion in 'US Flag Display' started by Technical58, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Technical58

Technical58 New Member

Hello,
    I am not sure how to properly display the gold fringed flag on a wall. I know stars should be on the left but I have to turn the flag and on the other side there are stiches. I am not sure if it should be that way or there if it is not meant to be displayed vertically. Any advice?

Attached Files:

2. FlagAdvocate

FlagAdvocate Member

Hello Technical58,
    Welcome to the Forum. One solution could be to remove the bottom fringe and move it up to cover the bottom hem and stitches.

3. Technical58

Technical58 New Member

Thanks for the idea, but I think I wouldn't be able to remove fringes and patch them back together without damaging the flag. After some thinking, I decided to put the flag horizontal instead of vertically because this way stitches won't be seen. I think it looks even better, just don't know how to pin the lower right corner without damage to the flag. But thanks for the advice.

Attached Files:

4. FlagAdvocate

FlagAdvocate Member

I agree, hanging the flag horizontally rather than vertically looks much better. With regard to pinning the bottom corners, usually an indoor wall flag is only attached to the wall at the top of the flag. Try releasing the pin at the lower left corner and let the flag hang freely. That may result in a more natural look.