Flag color

Discussion in 'US Flag Specs and Design' started by dgarwood, Feb 2, 2012.

1. dgarwood

dgarwood New Member

Hello all. It is my pleasure to join you all on this forum. I was wondering if anyone can answer this question, on the website of the US Embassy in Montevideo, in celebration of February as black history month, they have the flag all in black on a goldish colored background. I was wondering if that is appropriate, doesn't seem to be. Thanks

2. csaanv

csaanv Member

Are you saying it is a US flag with those colors? Do you have a link or photo of this? This would be outside of protocol for any U.S. emabassy regardless of the month.

3. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

4. csaanv

csaanv Member

LOL! In my haste I totally misread dgarwood's email. I thought he was saying they were flying a black/gold flag from the embassy flagpole. Wow, gotta slow down. I am not sure how I feel about the website depiction of the flag or the the overt display of political correctness.

5. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

I see that graphic in two ways:

1) There should never be text placed across the flag or a depiction of the flag as that is a violation of the US Flag Code.

2) A flag of black, gold, and black is not the flag of the United States of America. The design is "evocative" of the US flag, but I see no intent to offend, nor any inadvertent disrespect to the flag.

Nick A
    Columbia Maryland

6. dgarwood

dgarwood New Member

Thanks to all for the replies. Sorry for not including the link myself, totally forgot........ political correctness is a pain in the (part of the body you wish, lol)........