Flag flown over USMC camp

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Flag Discussion' started by steidsmom, Apr 7, 2010.

1. steidsmom

steidsmom New Member

My son sent me a flag flown over Camp Leatherneck, Helmand Province, Afghanistan. It was flown on a particular day in my honor and that of my husband. It arrived folded, military style, with an accompanying certificate. I just learned that he send a similar "gift" to our good friends. I am seeking information regarding the correct etiquette for this flag (and another from his Naval Academy days which remains boxed in a closet). :confused:

Can it be displayed on our home flagpole, just as any other purchased flag? Should it remain folded and preserved? Thanks for any information.

2. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

You may certainly fly the flag proudly. I believe the best way to honor the flag and our country is to display it for all to see. As the flag is your property, you are also welcome to display the flag folded in the home to preserve its condition and pass it on to younger generations, but why not buy another flag to fly outside?

Nick