flag id

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by spike, Apr 14, 2014.

1. spike

spike New Member

I just got a flag with 48 stars college flag& mfg. co, pa. 3.52x 6.688 . I was wondering if any one could give any it infomation on it as to what it may have been used for and age its in great shape.

2. csaanv

csaanv Member

Hello Spike,
    Welcome to the forum! Your flag was a flag made for the government under a contract that Collegeville Flag had with it. The "odd" size is because the government standardized their flag sizes for all their departments in 1912. "On June 24, 1912 president William Howard Taft implemented the first specific regulations governing the proportions and design of the flag of the United States by the signing of Executive Order 1566." Could you send us some photos of your flag? We would love to see it.

3. spike

spike New Member

sorry it took so long my hard drive crashed I have photos but they are to big to down load here. Is there another email I can send to? also from what you emailed I think my flag was made between feb. of 1912 and june of 1912. any more info on when it was made were it might or was used and what you think it would be worth.

4. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

Here are Spike's photos of his flag:

DA 1sm.jpg

DA 3sm.jpg

DA 4sm.jpg