Flag on vehicle

Discussion in 'US Flag Display' started by pohenn, May 8, 2010.

1. pohenn

pohenn New Member

I am planning to display an American Flag as well as a Gadsens Flag on my truck for specific holidays (Memorial Day, July 4th, etc). My plan is to mount small poles on my roll bar in the bed. I understand that the American Flag is typically placed on the right front fender (presumably meaning the passenger side fender), but when displayed with another flag, midship of the vehicle, is it displayed on the passenger side or driver side next to another flag? Any help will be greatly appreciated. As a side note, I'm glad I found this site.

2. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

Greetings, Pohenn -- welcome!

As you pointed out, the only guidance in the flag code is the part about putting the flag on the right front fender. This was obviously based on the practice used on official and diplomatic vehicles. A personal or organizational flag goes on the left front fender of such vehicles.

In your case, I think you can basically do what you want. However, the basic principles should still apply: the US flag should be to the right of other flags (as viewed when facing forward), and the other flags should not be higher than the US flag. If you had one pole on each side of the roll bar, with the US flag on the passenger's side and the Gadsden on the drivers's side, that would seem to be fine.

Is there any chance that you might take a photo of your truck with the flags mounted, and post it here?

Best regards,

Peter Ansoff

3. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Greetings, Pohenn !!! :D

Welcome to the USA-Flag-Site Forums !!! :D

YES! Flag photos are ALWAYS welcomed here !!! :D :D

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA

4. pohenn

pohenn New Member

Absolutely. I will definitely post some pics as soon as I get them taken. Thanks for the welcomes!!!!!! And the advice!!