Flags at the Door

Discussion in 'US Flag Display' started by jonlin1, Feb 26, 2009.

1. jonlin1

jonlin1 New Member

I attend a lot of funerals for Vets,KIAs and @ the door we most always place a US Flag and Branch of Service Flag. I say that the US Flag should be placed on the left of the door as people are coming in.The service flag should then be placed on the right of the door as people enter. At the last funeral I was @ the Flags was moved 3 times to were they were Service on the left and US Flag on the right as people entered the building. Can someone guide me to the rule that would cover this for I believe it is important that the US Flag always be placed in the Honor postion No one can seem to explain why the flags were moved and it just make me sick to think people think that we don't know how to place the flags in the right postions.

2. veteransflagdepot

veteransflagdepot New Member

3. veteransflagdepot

Displaying the Flag Indoors

When on display, the flag is accorded the place of honor, always positioned to its own right. Place it to the right of the speaker or staging area or sanctuary. Other flags should be to the left.

The flag of the United States of America should be at the center and at the highest point of the group when a number of flags of states, localities, or societies are grouped for display.

When one flag is used with the flag of the United States of America and the staffs are crossed, the flag of the United States is placed on its own right with its staff in front of the other flag.

When displaying the flag against a wall, vertically or horizontally, the flag's union (stars) should be at the top, to the flag's own right, and to the observer's left.

4. jonlin1

jonlin1 New Member

You didn't read the title right. The question is for flags posted @ the entrance out side a funeral home I believe the answer will remain the same. This is the way I was always instructed to place the flags Thanks
    Stew"THE HAT" in Gillespie

5. veteransflagdepot

The U.S. Flag should always be displayed on the left of an entrance not on the right. Two flagpoles out front of a building? U.S. Flag to the left.

6. jonlin1

jonlin1 New Member

Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. veteransflagdepot

Your very welcome. :)