Flags on and Behind Platform--Is this Okay?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Comments' started by Protocol Sponge, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Protocol Sponge

Protocol Sponge New Member

I want to ensure that all is done properly for an upcoming event with a peculiar assortment/arrangement of flags. This is an outdoor event. There will be a platform/stage with a podium and up to 10 officials seated on the platform. On the platform will be the US, French, Virginia, and corporation flags. I know the order of these--no problem. However, behind the stage will be aligned, as a backdrop, the flags of the 13 original states in the order they ratified the Constitution. These 13 will not be higher than those flags on the platform. Should I be concerned with any aspect of this configuration? THANKS!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  2. Protocol Sponge

Sorry I posted this in the wrong section. I have reposted in "Flag Display." Newbie error!

3. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

It's OK, we've already replied over on the other thread! Were we able to adequately address the situation?

Thanx!

Robin Hickman

4. Protocol Sponge

Hi! Thanks, and yes...I think it's all good now. Another question that has been raised, however, is how to stop flags from "whipping" in the wind at an outdoor ceremony to keep them from hitting platform guests and to keep the "cracking" noise level to a minimum. I haven't found a solution for this. Flag spreaders might help in a light breeze, but I am afraid if I use them and the wind is heavy, it would turn my flags into sails. Any suggestions? Many thanks!

5. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Hello, Again!

Can we continue this conversation over in the "other" thread?

It would make it a LOT easier to "follow", and there'd be a better chance of getting more (and maybe better) opinions, too!

Thanx!

Robin Hickman