Folded 'burial' flag ettiquette

Discussion in 'Other US Flag Etiquette' started by Jakey1970, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Jakey1970

Jakey1970 Guest

I have a burial flag that was not anyone from my family and I do not know how to get it back to them. Can it be unfolded and used? If not, what should be done with it?

2. there no reason why you shouldent unfold the flag and used it (id probably limit it to special occasions) - that goes for the flag if it was from your own family members' funeral aswell

just remember though the flag is cotton - so it needs care and attention when being flown outside - not to fly it in too much wind as this could damage the flag and the pole (depending on the pole size etc) and not to fly it in the rain as its not an all weather flag

you can still give the flag the same respect as you would any other - and especially if you know for sure it draped a veterans casket- who gave his life or part of it to his country

i have just this week been high bidder on ebay of one such flag myself

the seller has the details of the veteran whos casket the flag covered and i sha be recieving those details along with the flag so i dont know whether the seller is the veterans family - i sure hope not as he started the auction off at about $10 !! (end price after 9 bids was $41)
    it is also comign with a solid oak wooden shadow box and looks absolutley beautiful!
    [​IMG]

i cant wait to get it (comin all ways from Arizona to England) and when i do it shall have the treatment it deserves - just like all my flags do!