Girl Scount research on the American Flag

Discussion in 'US Flag Specs and Design' started by Donna Kasmer, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Donna Kasmer

Donna Kasmer New Member

Hello Community, I am not quite sure if I am understanding your procedures to utilize this site. Not exactly sure what you mean about "posting threads" and if this is where I am to start. Came across your web site researching information for my daughters Girl Scout Troop. They are working on an IPPE badge "American Patriotism" and one of the activities in the Technology section was "Learn how the American flag was made", Can any company produce it? and Does the Manufacturer have to abide by certain criteria? Another activity is Learn when an American flag is considered unusable and how to dispose of it properly. Research flag disposal ceremony's history and presentation. Your website seemed like it could answer these questions. Thank you for any help. Donna Kasmer :)
  2. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

Hello, Donna -- welcome to the forum!

A "thread" is just a series of messages. The threads are grouped into sections which are listed in the main menu of the fourm (this one is in the "US Flag Specs and Design" section, for example). You started a new thread with your post. You can also add a message to an existing thread if if you want to respond to someone else's post.

You might want to take a look at a thread called "How is the flag made?" that was posted in this same section back in January 2008. I was posted by another Girl Scout leader, and I think that the responses there will answer your questions. If not, or if you have any trouble finding it, be sure to let us know! Again, welcome to the forum and we hope you enjoy it.

Best regards,

Peter Ansoff
  3. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Hello, Donna !

Welcome to the USA-Flag-Site forums !!!

The thread that Mr. Ansoff referred to ("How is the flag made?") can be found HERE :

If and when you have time, feel free to browse around the forums. There are all kinds of different Flag-related informational tidbits that might prove to be very useful for your Troop (or anybody else interested in learning more about our Country's Flag)!

Good Luck !

Robin "Semi UN-Prepared At The Moment!" Hickman