Grave Size Flag Display

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Flag Discussion' started by gandulf, Jun 27, 2007.

1. gandulf

gandulf Guest

We are having a 4th of July parade, and I have 144 small grave size flags that we wish to have line the parade route. We plan on placing them for display on July 1st and taking them down after the presentations on July 4th.

My question is do these flags need to be lighted; they would not be lighted at a cemetary. If they need to be lighted we would need to take them out of the ground every evening and replace them daily; a task I doubt that any of our team would relish. Can this type of flag be display 24 hours a day without lighting????

John J. Burns

2. the rules can be bent sometmes... some people are really too religious and picky about the flag code. it is there as a GUIDE for the best way to treat the US flag.
    in instances of large temporary patriotic displays im sure people can be sensible enough to realise the amount of work involved in setting up a large patriotic display and shouldent expect yu to remove it and re errect it everydy and also realise it is a temporary display of patriotism around the holidays.

3. gandulf

gandulf Guest

Thanks for the reply. That was the way I was looking at it, people here needed an outside opinion.

John J. Burns