High School suspended student for wearing, carrying American flag

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Flag Discussion' started by EmailPoster, Jun 6, 2006.

1. EmailPoster

EmailPoster New Member

For a fact-today,...

2. jproffitt10

jproffitt10 Guest

HM,

It is a sad day in America when stories like this appear on a regular basis. While political correctness does have a small place in our society, as I see it, many have taken it way too far. Unfortunately it is usually these folks who get the press coverage....

3. jproffitt10, i agree. it is a sad day in America when stories like this appear on a regular basis. u almost wonder if their doing it just to get the press coverage.

4. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

it is a sad day in America when stories like this appear on a regular basis

What exactly is sad about this? Was it

1. The students wearing Mexican flags,
    2. The other students wearing American flags,
    3. The reaction of the school authorities to ban the flags, or
    4. The public outcry that caused the school authorities to reverse their policy?

I'm guessing that you mean #3. I don't think that what the authorities did had anything to do with political correctness -- they were trying to be responsible and defuse a tense situation. They over-reacted, and public opinion caused them to change their minds. What is sad about that?

u almost wonder if their doing it just to get the press coverage.

They who? The Mexican students, the other students, the administrators, or community members who complained? I sincerely doubt that the administrators were looking for press coverage -- certainly not the kind that they got!

Peter Ansoff

5. usa1

usa1 Guest

TRUE AMERICANS need to WAKE UP !!!! if you live ,eat,and lay your head down to rest at the end of every day in America,then you need to Repect the flag that represents America , no exceptions! "FREEDOM IS'NT FREE"