How Many Of Me ???

Discussion in 'Forum News and Announcements' started by Robin Hickman, May 22, 2009.

1. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Yes, as a matter of fact, this IS off the subject of Flags... sort of...

:D

I just visited HowManyOfMe.com and searched my name and found out the are 66 people in the United States with the same name as mine! :eek:

Of course, there's ONLY ONE "Barak Obama" !!! :D

There are approximately 306,464,927 people in the U.S.A. How many of them have the same name as YOU ???

http://howmanyofme.com

I wonder how many are named "American Flag" ?

Robin "1/66th Of The Whole" Hickman

2. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

Well, I tried searching on my last name only, and it told me that there were "337 or fewer" people with that last name. I then tried the same thing with a random bunch of letters, and got the same result. It sounds like "337 or fewer" is the default if they don't find any hits in whatever database they're using. I wonder where they got a screwy number like 337!

It found lots of Peters, of course. When I tried searching on a "bunchaletters" first name, the magic number was " fewer than 1,532." Whatever . . .

My father (who grew up in Russia in the early 20th century) told me once that it was not customary there to celebrate one's birthday -- instead, you celebrated on the day of the saint that you were named after. I kind of like the idea that everyone named "Peter" would celebrate on the same day.

Peter Ansoff

3. Robin Hickman

:D

Hi, Peter !

You mean to tell me that you did NOT "search" both your first & last names ??? (Oh, you know you did!) :eek:

Just for "funsies" I did a quick search for "American Flag". :rolleyes:

Apparently, according to HowManyOfMe.com, there is ONE and ONLY ONE "American Flag" !!! :D

Robin Hickman

4. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

You mean to tell me that you did NOT "search" both your first & last names ???

Actually I did, and it said that there was "1 or fewer" of me. I'm not sure whether that's reassuring or not . . .

Apparently, according to HowManyOfMe.com, there is ONE and ONLY ONE "American Flag" !!!

Which is not true, of course. There are tens of thousands of American flags, and none of them is uniquely the "real" one -- they all are!

Peter A.

5. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

I got the "337" number as well. It also said there were "1 or fewer" of me. Rest assured, I am alive and well. As is my son, Nicholas Artimovich, III. So I can't say I am impressed by this site.
    Nick

6. Robin Hickman

:cool:

A coupla "sticklers", eh ? :cool:

Did anybody check, "United States" ? :rolleyes:

Robin Hickman

PS. Just for funsies, I "Googled" my signature. Most of the pages it found were on this site !!!

:eek: