How to Display 3 Flags

Discussion in 'US Flag Display' started by vnvet1968, Jan 2, 2014.

1. vnvet1968

vnvet1968 New Member

_______________BUILDING_________________

............................X..................................

...................X................X.........................

All flag poles are the same height (American, Texas and 101st Airborne flags

Please tell me if I am flying my flags correctly or not.

From Left to right facing the building

American Flag, Texas State Flag , 101st Airborne Division Flag

all flags are at the same height.

2. FlagAdvocate

FlagAdvocate Member

vnvet1968, Happy New Year!

Since all three flag poles are the same height, the arrangement as you described is correct according to the "Order of Preference For Flag Display". Viewed from left to right facing the building should be the American flag, the state flag, then the military flag. As a Vietnam era vet myself, I am familiar with this display arrangement. If you have any further questions, research the order of preference on the web.

Bill Jameson
    Vet & Flag Advocate

3. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Hi, VNVet1968, and welcome to the USA-FLAG-SITE Forums!

If the triangular flagpole arrangement were "reversed" so that two of the flagpoles were nearest (and parallel to) the building's wall, with the third (singular) flagpole to the outside and closest to the viewer, I believe that the U.S. Flag should be on THAT pole since it is "out front" of the other two. The Texas State Flag would then be hung on the back-left flagpole, and the 101st Airborne Division Flag.

But..... It is what it is, the way it is, right?

FWIW (For What It's Worth): I have NEVER seen this particular triangular flagpole arrangement, and I have NO idea what they were thinking when they placed them in that particular configuration. Oh, Well.....

Good Luck with everything! And Thank You for bringing your Flag-related question to our Forums!

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA.