Hurricane Katrina ravaged flag..

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by dodo, Aug 31, 2006.

1. dodo

dodo Guest

On Aug. 29th of 2006, my family was just walking the beach and cleaning up some of the debris alongside the shore. After about a mile walk and removing some of the debris.. I noticed some debris a little farther out.. I walked a little deeper in the water and noticed it was an American flag.

To keep a long story short, the flag was found near the "Eight Flags Display" where 8 flags had flown over the Biloxi/Gulfport Mississippi for more than 30 years. After digging it out of about 3 feet of sand, we quickly noticed that it was one of the flags that flew in the display.

It is severly ravaged and has been currently put on Ebay with donations from the proceeds going to various recovery charities in the Biloxi area.

If you're interest in viewing the flag, please have a look at my auction via ebay at: eBay: Katrina ravaged USA flag. (item 320022755557 end time Sep-09-06 12:24:08 PDT)

I stumbled across the site and figured it was be an interesting view for you flag enthusiasts.

Jeffery Stewart
  2. sarahw

sarahw Guest

I notice that this auction ended early, I wonder why. It's not very respectful to sell a damaged flag, even for charity. If it were up to me, I'd give the flag back to the community and allow them to have a public retirement ceremony.