I need help to property way displaying flag

Discussion in 'US Flag Display' started by Monthy, May 11, 2011.

1. Monthy

Monthy New Member

Hi everyone, well, I'm Polish, but I love The United States Of America, and my dream is to became a citizen of this grat country one day. I really wanted to buy United States flag, to display it in my room. Unfortunately, I don't know if it is compatible with American Flag etiquete. Am I able (as non-American citizen) to have US flag in my room? And can I keep it on on my wall? I respect your Flag so much that I don't want to act unrespectable toward it. If there're any grammar mistakes, sorry for that. Please respond me soon.

2. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

Hello Monthy and welcome to the USA flag Forum!

You are certainly allowed to display the USA flag. Indeed, all residents of the USA should display the Flag every day, even if they are not yet citizens. In this country, there are no rules about WHO may display the flag, just guidelines on how it should be properly displayed.

One hundred years ago my grandparents were in the same situation you are in - immigrants from Poland.

Nick A
    Columbia Maryland

Cto Lat :D

3. Monthy

Monthy New Member

Thanks Nick,
    Unfortunately, I'm not US citizen, nor a person lives in The United States, I'm 16 years old guy, who loves country which is almost 10.000 milles from here. So the question is: can I display US flag in my room in country, which is not United States?

4. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

My apologies.:eek: I misunderstood. I thought you were a Polish person living in the USA.

The answer to your question depends on the laws in YOUR country, and have nothing to do with how Americans display our flag here.

Here is an article about flags in Poland, but it does not offer much help except to say that flags of other nations should be displayed in alphabetical order. There are references to other Polish laws that may help you:

Flag of Poland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good luck!

Nick A
    Columbia Maryland

5. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Hi, Monthy !!! :D

Welcome to the USA-Flag-Site Forums !!! :D

What does your "heart" say ??? :cool:

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA

6. Monthy

Monthy New Member

What's you mean? And why "heart" not heart?

Besides, I asked my teacher about displaying flags of other nations in my room, he said that it's not a problem. So I guess, next step is buying a US flag :)

7. Robin Hickman

Hi, Monthy ! :D

What I meant by using quotation marks with the word "heart" is heart.

Normally, I would have written, "What does your heart say?".

I used quotation marks because it appears that English is a second language for you and I was not sure if you would understand the meaning of heart as used in the question.

I guess may be I should have asked, "Deep down inside, what do you feel like doing?".

Sorry for the confusion! :eek:

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA

8. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

Hello Monthy,

Please let us know if you can buy a USA flag that is made in Poland.

I may be interested in purchasing one.

Thank you,

Nick A
    Columbia Maryland

9. Monthy

Monthy New Member

I've seen a few stores, where were flags from all countries. I'm also sure that they were made here, in Poland (I checked their WWW sites). May I know why u'r interested in buying US flag form Poland? And besides, I want to purchase a flag from internet store, from United States :)

Robin, a few years ago I decided, that United States is a place where I want to live. Now I'm trying to do my best to learn as much aabout this country as it's possible. I'm interested about it's history, culture, and so on. My biggest dream is to be a citizen of this great country.

10. Robin Hickman

Hello, again, Monthy ! :D

Good Luck in your quest to immigrate to the United States of America and become a naturalized citizen !!! :D :D

BTW : What kind of American Flag are you looking for? By "kind of" I mean what size, fabric, construction, country of manufacture, etc. :cool:

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA

11. Monthy

Monthy New Member

12. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

I am interested in comparing flag fabrics and manufacturing methods around the world. I have national flags made in many different countries, and many of them reflect national characteristics, like the flag of India made from native-grown cotton, and the flag of China dyed on silk.

But I only have USA flags made in USA, China, and U.K.

Nick A
    Columbia Maryland USA

13. Monthy

Monthy New Member

I don't think, they're sending products to ther country than Poland. So if you really want one, I could sent it to you by post. So if u're interested, let me know.

Robin, I'm looking for large flag, to hang it on my wall. Materials doesn't really matters for me, I've found a few good in online stores, so I think in next few weeks I'm gonna make some shoping :D