Identifying Flags by Markings & Labels- Valley Forge Burial Flags

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by csaanv, Dec 15, 2012.

1. csaanv

csaanv Member

Just recently I was helping someone with indentifying a burial flag. It occured to me to do a casual survey of my Valley Forge burial flags with appliqued stars. I wanted to compare them by the stamps or labels in order to quickly indentify the approximate time period of it's manufacture. The below chart will show the progression from the 1940s/1950s to the late 1970s. Sometime in the mid or late 1970s VF switched to machined embroidered stars which I don't have have any examples of. If any one can help me by sending me a photo of any VF label that I have missed including post 1970s or correct what I have done already please let me know. I think this could help us better date any Valley Forge flag that a requester might want to know.
    Cheers,
    mike
    Untitled-1.jpg

2. Glenn Davis

Glenn Davis New Member

I have an early SC state banner that is Valley Forge. The flag is appliqué cotton on cotton that doesn’t look anything like the Dettra and Annin flags. The label is very similar to the early 1970’s label but all it says is VALLEY FORGE FLAG COMPANY, INC without Original.
    Have you seen any early VF state flags?