Indoor display in an office

Discussion in 'US Flag Display' started by perron.john, Oct 11, 2011.

1. perron.john

perron.john New Member

We want to display our flag, on a staff (similar to a guideon) just inside the entrance to our main office area. What guidelines can you provide so we can avoid disrespecting our National Colors?

2. coasterville

coasterville Member

Go to the website of us about any full line flag dealer, or a real flag shop.

Look for "Indoor Flag Set" - you will usually find a listing for a set that includes a 3x5 or 4x6 flag, usually with gold fringe, a staff that will range from 6-10' tall, a pole topper such as an Eagle, gold tassel and a floor stand. You can get fancy with what kind of wood (or aluminum) for the staff, what kind (and size) eagle you want. I want to say these sets will run you around $200 from a top name, though I have seen some economy sets online for around $100.

Be sure to take into account the ceiling clearance of the room you want to place the flag. 7' pole + eagle, + the height the floor stand raises it up, an room to lift the pole out of the stand if need be, might require 8-9' ceiling.

That sounds like what you need. I'll leave it to the others to advise you on where, exactly to place the set in your lobby.

3. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

If you are asking which side of the dorway to put the flag, the answer may be complicated by the fact you are placing it inside the entrance door.

The flag is to be to the observer's left. If the flag was outside the entrance door, the answer is easy - the observer is the person entering the room through that door and the flag should be on the left.

When the flag is inside the room, is the observer the person who is entering the room, or is the observer the person who is already in the room attending to business, or the person who is leaving through that door? The position of honor is different for the person just entering the room vs the person in the room or leaving the room.

It would be much easier if the flag were placed opposite the entrance door, on the left side of the room or stage. This way everyone entering the room, and everyone in the room, would see the flag on their left.

Nick A