Is the Thin Blue Line Flag considered desecration of the American Flag?

Discussion in 'US Flags on Uniforms and Clothing' started by Mandi, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Mandi

Mandi New Member

I personally am not offended by it at all. I understand the sentiment behind it and get the idea that it's suppose to be representation of the American Flag. Due to the color scheme I don't see it as our flag at all so I can't consider it desecration of the flag. If they made it red, white and blue with the blue line it would be different to me. Just curious of others take on this.

2. Mandi

Mandi New Member

I have someone strongly debating with me that the the Thin Blue Line need to make a public apology for their use of the flag. I can't tell him he's wrong for his feelings but he's also the type that doesn't care if someone wipes themselves with the actual flag in protest.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  3. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Hello, Mandi, and welcome to the USA-FLAG-SITE Forums!

In MY Personal Opinion...

Although the "Thin Blue Line" (TBL) Flag uses the same "design scheme" of the American Flag, it does NOT use the same colors as the American Flag. It is a totally different Flag.

Unfortunately, in trying to get the "TBL" closest to the center of the Flag, they had to put the TBL in place of the first long white stripe of the American Flag design. Thus the TBL is somewhat obscured between the black, star-filled "Union" and short black stripe on above it and the long black stripe underneath it.

Anyway, MY personal opinion is that it is a totally different and separate Flag from the American Flag. So I don't think an apology is needed.

Hope this helps!

Good Luck!

Robin Hickman
    "Your Friendly Neighborhood Flag Man"
    Eugene, Oregon, USA.

4. Mandi

Mandi New Member

Thanks for your thoughts! I know everyone has different opinions but it's nice to know I'm not alone in mine.

Robin Hickman likes this.
  5. Flag Code Police

Flag Code Police New Member

Hi Robin and Mandi

If you agree that it is not in violation because it does not use the same colors, than you would agree that this "American satan" flag is also ok?

[​IMG]

6. Flag Code Police

Flag Code Police New Member

Update, you will agree this one is also ok?

[​IMG]