Manufacture Tag ID please?

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by coasterville, Jun 30, 2013.

1. coasterville

coasterville Member

I have a few flags with this tag on them. Unfortunately I have gotten them all second hand or via eBay so no original packaging.

Can anybody identify who uses this tag, or is it a generic tag shared - as the only text on it is "Made in USA - Please remove before display"

063013 089.jpg

2. APS221

APS221 Member

Eder Flag Catalog001.jpg
    It's looks like it's from Eder Flag. I have attached an image from their catalog. As you can see, the boxes have the same design as the tag. Also, the unboxed flag in in the image has a similar tag attached to the header. I bought a Bennington Flag made by Eder that came in the same box and had the same tag attached to the header. I bought it from a company that produces corporate and municipal flags, but has a small retail store.

Eder Flag flags don't have a label printed on the header like Annin, Valley Forge, and most others. I suspect this is because Eder Flags are often repackaged and sold by other companies. For example, this article explains that Liberty Flag & Specialty Co. (Liberty Flag) sold Eder Flags: Wisconsin American Flag Seller Files for Bankruptcy - Bankruptcy Beat - WSJ

(Not to be confused with Liberty Flags, Inc. (LIBERTY FLAGS, INC. The American Wave®)

My local Home Depot sells these Liberty-branded Eder Flags, often as a set with a small flagpole and bracket. My local Lowes and Ace Hardware stores sell Valley Forge flags. My local Wal-Mart and Target stores sell Annin flags.

3. APS221

APS221 Member